well, this is the start of my own blog. this is in English as it is mainly for my English speaking friends out there that I cannot be in contact with regularly. I hope I can make something useful out of this :)

Dienstag, Juni 13, 2006

My first day as a volunteer

Hey, its done! I had a really good start at the match Angola - Portugal. I was situated near the entrance and i had to check everybodys ticket. It was funny how people were really nervous to get inside and some of them would not hand their ticket to me in case I could run away with it and watch teh game myself. A few were screaming of joy once they passed security and were officially inside the stadium :). I was impressed how peaceful everything was and how nice everybody treats you. Once the match started I was looking for a tree seat and sat down :))) yes, it is unbelievable, there were a lot of free seats everywhere and officially the stadiums are sold out. People buy tickets and just do not come to see the match if they are not interested in the teams. Its a bit unfair as there are many many who are dying to be there. Like me, hehe, and I took advantage of it...On Saturday, the next match in Cologne, I will take my camera and post some pictures here.
Until then, enjoy the matches and press thumbs for Germany against Poland tomorrow night!

1 Comments:

Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

Wow Stef! Wish I could be there to watch but I'm happy just to watch on television. I bet the atmosphere and festivities are great. I look forward to your photos! I hope you can get a photo with Beckenbauer.

6:41 AM

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home