well, this is the start of my own blog. this is in English as it is mainly for my English speaking friends out there that I cannot be in contact with regularly. I hope I can make something useful out of this :)

Mittwoch, Februar 15, 2006

Sawa dii kha

that is hello in Thai! I also learned the numbers so far so I can try to bargain when shopping and also "thank you" which is something like kop khu kaa. I also have more pics, here we go:
no, here we dont go...the internet is so slow today, it would take me hours to upload one pic. sorry. next time I will try again.
So, what has happened so far...over the weekend I travelled to Namsom, a little village nearby which was good. We stayed at the travel-to-teach dorm there, had Thai cooking class, and Saturday we went on a motorbike trip through the mountains it was a stunning scenery. Sunday it rained, yes, it rained . I could not believe it. But now we are back to the heat. The village was so small the we were the only westerners there and I felt like being in a zoo when I was walking around. everybody was saying "falang, falang". Just imagine Iwould do that back home when I see a foreigner, lol.
Monday was a Biddha holiday and we went to the temple to bring food to the monks. We got a blessing from them, I hope I live a few years longer now.
Yesterday I had my first day alone with my new class. It was fun, I also received a velantines rose :) that would not have happened back home. Today I was off, again, but tomorrow I will be back in class.
It is lunch time now and I am starving. Hope I can post some more pics next time!

tschoe (that was German)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jack B. said...

Grrr....it sounds so adventurous (for lack of a better word). Makes me tempted to teach oversees myself.

10:24 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Falang falang!! Just kidding lol.
It sounds wonderful there and i'm glad that you are over ther experiencing all this. I can't wait to see more photos. Lucky you.
I would love to go see the monks too.
All the best x

7:33 AM

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home