well, this is the start of my own blog. this is in English as it is mainly for my English speaking friends out there that I cannot be in contact with regularly. I hope I can make something useful out of this :)

Montag, Februar 06, 2006

Teaching in Nong Khai

Uh, I am in Nong Khai now since Fridaz and today Ihad my first day at Meechai School, a primary school just in the outskirts of Nong Khai. So, what can I say? It is just crazy!!!!!
The weekend was nice, I slowly got adjusted to everything here, like driving on my bike on the left side of the street, the food, the toilets :) and the new people I am meeting here. The other volunteers are really nice even though most of them are dutch lol. it is true, 70 percent of them are from Holland and I dont even like like being away from home.
The day at school today was mad. I went there with an American girl and as it was my first day I was supposed to just sit there and watch the Thail teacher how thngs are like here. But once we entered the classroom the teacher disappeared...she had something else to do and as our Egnlish is better she just feels embarassed i guess. I was so shocked! I had not prepared a thing, I doid not know their level and how far they would understand me so thankfully Cat came up with an idea and we tought them some vocabulary by drawing pics onto the board or just plyed hangman. During the break I dod not really get time for myself. everybody wanted to hold my hand and play. One girl even came to collect my shoes as we take them off before we enter the classroom. Whe the lessons were finished she came back t me and put me my shoes on. Weird, eh?
I am so confused. I have to prepare somethin for tomorrow so that I know what to teach them. Right now I have to go back to the dorm cos have to attend some Thai lessons, I am very excited about that!
more soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow Stef, it sounds so different there! You sound so busy and school sounds very different also with the shoe thing.
Glad to hear all is well and that you are adjusting and have made friends.
Can't wait to hear more and see pictures!
x

8:36 AM

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home