well, this is the start of my own blog. this is in English as it is mainly for my English speaking friends out there that I cannot be in contact with regularly. I hope I can make something useful out of this :)

Mittwoch, Februar 08, 2006

some pictures




Hello!!!!
This is me still in Nong Khai and I am just trying to upload some pictures, but it takes ages!!! Anyway, I will try my best. This is me in the hammock (is that the word?) at a lovely guesthouse where we sometimes go for breakfast or lunch.

on the bottom you can see a a Buddha temple which is just here in town, quite close to my dorm. I think it is beautiful.

Somehow this one has been added three times, but eh, I just leave it like that, does not look too bad.

So apart from that I am starting to enjoy school a lot more. The first day was just a shock i guess. But still, the treat us like popstars, today I got roses and a map of Thailand from a boy of my class that I am taking over next week. WOW. Two girls were leaving Meechai School today and the carried away bags of presents. This is so....wow.

Anyway, I have to leave you here. Thai language class part II is about to commence :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Stef that is so beautiful! the temple is wonderful looking and you look really really lucky in that hammock!
Take care and thanks for the update x

8:45 AM

 
Blogger Emma said...

You look pretty happy in that hammock, Stef :-)

It sounds as if all is going well and the Thai children sound lovely. Keep enjoying :-)

4:20 PM

 
Blogger Stef said...

lol, oh I was so happy! I was just having breakfast adn the sun was shining and everything was just great!
I will travel to a little village over the weekend, going to a national park! I will update on this! Thanks Carmel and Emma :)

10:58 AM

 
Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

Stef, thanks for the beautiful pix. Lovely scenery and good to hear that you made it safely there and are having a good time!

Hope you can sample us some words in Thai that you've learned so far.

10:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonym said...

Those are great photos, Stef! Thanks for sharing. Also, I recently downloaded some U2 songs and noticed one that shares the name of your blog...coincidence, lol???

2:45 AM

 
Blogger Stef said...

Jonathan. congratulations!!!! You are the first one who realised that I stole my blog title from U2, lol.
And as for the Thai words, yes, I will post some soon! :)

10:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonym said...

Stef, good to know I am the first at something, lol!

1:34 AM

 
Blogger Jack B. said...

Teaching in Thailand AND relaxing on a hammock? I'm envious.

10:23 PM

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home