well, this is the start of my own blog. this is in English as it is mainly for my English speaking friends out there that I cannot be in contact with regularly. I hope I can make something useful out of this :)

Montag, Februar 27, 2006

countdown

I have onlz 4 more days left in Nong Khai, time just flew by!!!
But then, I am really looking forward to go travelling for the last 3 weeks and I have also a few reasons looking forward to go back home, for example Alemannia, hehe, or the World Cup!
Over the weekend I went with a friend to Laos as I had to extend my Thai visa. We spend 2 very niece days n Vang Vieng in the mountains and did kajaking on the river. It was just beautiful there! And so different from Nong Khai as it was packed with travellers. It feels good though to be back home in Nong Khai :)
And yes, las week Sunday night somebody broke into ou dorm and they stole my handbag which included my camera and my wallet. I did not have too much money in there but I was so upset about the camera. I try to claim some money back from the insurance company but I doubt I will win. Everythign is very stessful now, as it is my last week in school I need to get my certification adn also find out a lot of things about the school I teach at and the Thai School System as I need to write a report about my stay here when I am back home. Also on Thusday I have to say goodbye to my class whic is quite sad :( the have to say goodbye too often to their teachers, which is not a good thing I think.
last week I celebrated my birthday here which was really nice. My roomate Sieb got me a nice new bag as mine was stolen. I will also go travel with her and we will leave Nong Khai together with an American girl on friday. First well go to Chaing Mai and from there to Ko Phi Phi, to Ko Pha gnan, Bangkok and from there I will fly home on the 25th of march.
So on my birthday we went out to an Australian bar which I enjoyed a lot of course ;) I got a birthday cake and some free beer. yeeha.
I have to leave from here cos I have to get some presents for my friends at home on the market.
I will give zour more updates one I started travelling. hopefully I can put on new pics soon, I will get a copy of the pics that Sieb takes.
Hope everybody is fine!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

I hope all goes well for you over the next 4 days, Stef.
Have lots of fun when you go travelling. It sounds wonderful, but stay safe!
Take care x

9:28 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy birthday!!!! I hope you had a good one. I hope you feel better after that sealing stuff! Stay safe and I look forward to the pictures. I got confused which email to write to you at so I just write here.
love xxxx

11:52 AM

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home