well, this is the start of my own blog. this is in English as it is mainly for my English speaking friends out there that I cannot be in contact with regularly. I hope I can make something useful out of this :)

Freitag, November 11, 2005

Things we do at university

I am in a very good and funny class called "Advanced Written English". It could be boring but our teacher does a very good job we do not miss the fun part of it.
Last week we got the task to rewrite a love letter from the positive into the negative. Does not sound too difficult, the we were only allowed to change punctuation.
Well let me first quote you the love letter that we were given:


Dear John:

I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I year for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy -- will you let me be yours?

Gloria


Isn't that sweet? Well think about it, and maybe you will try yourself to change its contents into the opposite. but only change punctuation! Have you done it? Only then keep reading the rest ;)

Well, it has not been too difficult I guess. Here is the result:


Dear John:

I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?

Yours Gloria


uw, what a change isn't it? I liked that task, hopefully we all learned how important the correct punctuation is.

Here is another one:

I have a spelling chequer;
It came with my PC.
It planely marks for my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it.
I'm shore you're pleased to no
Its letter perfect in it's weigh.
My chequer tolled me sew.


:))) I think I don't need to make a comment on that one.

And last but not least I have something very difficult for the tongue:

Three sweeping sweet switched Swiss bitch-witches watch their three washed Swiss witch swatch watch switches. Which sweeping sweet switched Swiss bitch-witch watches which washed Swiss bitch-witch swatch watch switch?

my mind is crazy now after typing this!
Have fun!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for letting us take a peek into your classes! Trying to change the punctuation in those letters was interesting and it's amazing how it changed it so negative.
ALso that last part you typed, I can't say it! :D

10:04 PM

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home