well, this is the start of my own blog. this is in English as it is mainly for my English speaking friends out there that I cannot be in contact with regularly. I hope I can make something useful out of this :)

Dienstag, August 16, 2005

World Youth Day

This is an exciting and special week for all the Catholics around the world, especially for the Catholic youth and the ones who have travelled miles and miles to be in Cologne to meet the Pope.
As I am only one hour from Cologne I am right into everything and shall give you a nice report :)
Here the World Youth Day aldready started last weekend. Our little perish had a lot of international guests, mainly from France, Australia and America. As my friend had two hosts from France I got to know them and they were great. On Friday night she had a "World Youth Day" Party and invited like 20 French and Australian people. Lol, the moment when I arrived she was alone with 10 French guys and as my French is sooooooooo good (this was irony) I was a bit worried how I could communicate to them but it was not a problem at all, they were all so friendly and open-hearted. But in the end, I did not expect any different.
So on Thurday is my big day, I will go to Cologne to be right into everything and eventually to see the Pope. They have a welcome-mass and afterwards an international youth festival in the city. I dont know what to expect but I am excited and will give you notes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow Stef, I want to come too! Obviously I cant, he needs to visit Australia! I can't wait for your update on this

8:04 AM

 
Blogger Jack B. said...

I envy you!

3:54 PM

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home