well, this is the start of my own blog. this is in English as it is mainly for my English speaking friends out there that I cannot be in contact with regularly. I hope I can make something useful out of this :)

Dienstag, August 30, 2005

Volunteer work in Thailand

Hey everybody!
I have been planning for a while to go to Thailand next year February in my semester break to do work as a volunteer in a school and to teach English there to Thai kids.
I came across the idea a few months ago when I was studying brochures on opportunities to spend time abroad. The mimimun stay is 8 weeks which I thought would work out with my semester break which is usually 10 weeks. But today i saw that unfortunately those holidays are "only" 7 weeks long. But I dont want this to stand in my way and to keep me from going to Thailand.
I think it would be a good experience, especially as I want to become a teacher but have not gathered any experiences in this area so far. And Thailand to me is a thrill. A completely different culture, language and lifestyle.
I wouldlike to ask you if anybody is familiar with this topic and can give me a bit advice. I am still looking for the best company to go with. The best one so far is www.travelworks.de, they would also offer me a 6 weeks stay even if 8 weeks is their minimum as they say in their brochure. This is really kind of them.
But still I am looking for other companies so I can compare them to each other and decide then which offers are best for my needs.
I am grateful for any help on this. DANKE

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know Stef, but I think doing this is going to be so good for you, not to mention that you will have a great time!

1:02 AM

 
Blogger Jack B. said...

I know nothing, but I envy you. This sounds like a great life experience!

5:41 AM

 
Blogger Stef said...

I am so excited already, I am really looking forward, but at the same time I am shitting myself which is just normal I guess. I will keep you updated.

12:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonym said...

you might wana check out this site www.openmindprojects.org

www.openmindprojects.org/community

10:17 PM

 
Blogger Mundo Exchange said...

http://www.mundoexchange.org is also an excellent website you could check out for volunteering in Thailand if you ever wished to assist with bringing social justice to the far east.

8:50 PM

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home