well, this is the start of my own blog. this is in English as it is mainly for my English speaking friends out there that I cannot be in contact with regularly. I hope I can make something useful out of this :)

Donnerstag, November 17, 2005

The last tickets for the world cup have been taken


Yesterday was a very big day for a few football-crazy nations as the last matches took place and it was the decision for 5 more teams to join the World Cup.
Congratulations to Australia, Spain, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago and the Czech Republic.
I am very surprised and happy that Australia and Trinidad and Tobago got their ticket to the event. As long as I can think back (okay I am not that old), I can't remember I have seen them play in a World Cup. It is good to welcome them, it is going to be a much more intercontinental crowd :)
I am sure it is going to be a great time next summer and I am happy and proud that we can welcome all different nations. I just pray that incidents like last night at the match Turkey-Switzerland will not happen again. I am not sure in how far this has spread in the news in other countries, but the fact is, that right after the match (Turkey won, but Switzerland was still qualified for the cup), players started a fight with each other and what I consider as even worse, even the security people went up to the Swiss men and kicked them. Turkey might be excluded for the World Cup in 2010 but now they claim that Switzerland should be sentenced, too. I do not know what has happened there exactly, I just pray that in the future, nations and teams will behave a bit more respectful towards each other. What a shame if anything else happens. In the end it is just a game.
Okay, I want to conclude with something that makes me more happy. Still about football but hopefully it will be more peaceful. Tomorrow I will drive to Bochum to see my team Aachen win ther :). Press thumbs!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ehem, yes Australia did well ;)

6:18 AM

 
Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

Congratulations to Australia. Yes, we'll be praying for a safe and exciting World Cup next year!

9:15 AM

 
Blogger Stef said...

I am waiting for you all to show up here next year!!!

3:07 PM

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home